Tuesday 9 February 2016

Sheer Luck

Up to this point golfers in the Niagara Region (Ontario) have been so lucky. First, many of us have never really had to trade in our clubs for snow shovels as snow here has been a thing of minimalism. More to the point, El Nino most certainly has been proven to be both a blessing and a curse. A curse because a winter of mostly above freezing weather is unheard of.

It has been a real long time since I was able to play golf on Christmas Day, Boxing Day, New Year's Eve and New Year's Day. Then after not playing golf in Florida during PGA Show week I arrived home to green grass (when most of the East was buried by a storm) where I unceremoniously played golf February 1st. Bonus golf!! As we are getting set to brace ourselves for a blast of cold air I am getting set to go into the bubble today to work on my swing.

It's sheer luck to have a place like the Niagara Falls Sportsplex around the corner from me. When we get those Arctic blasts I can still work on my swing. Admittedly, I get a little twitchy and I "jump from the top" and it's a "Death Move" usually resulting in the low left. I have started to employ SwingClick Plus which I will be posting a review on both here and alexandertothgolf.com. If you haven't heard of SwingClick it's a training aid that really bolsters and reinforces tempo. Time to get going.

Until the next tee.

No comments:

Post a Comment